Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Becca





Daddy,

When I think of the way that I was raised by you and Mom, it's easy to see your seperate roles. For instance, Mom was there for every diaper change, every runny nose, and every day-to-day minor heartache.. a constant companion and role model. Your job, though vastly different, was no less important.
You worked in "big picture". You made me feel safe, you made me feel beautiful, and you made me feel loved. You were a permanent fixture, ever ready to lend support or advice when sought. It was during the hard times that you truly made your presence known. It was the cards in my college mailbox that got me through my day, the "buck up" email when student teaching presented itself as insurmountable. It was the yells from the sidelines of field hockey games. These things, these little kindnesses, they helped make me who I am. When it was time to find someone to go through life with, it was because of you that the process was as simple as it was. I was confident that I deserved someone pretty fantastic, and I was able to see him clearly when he came my way. Thank you for the little things that made me who I am. You still have a LOT of life to live and you are NOT done parenting! I still need you! Nothing will change that.
Love you always... and ever grateful.

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment