Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jamie Burke


As the honorary fourth child of the DiLullo family, I have plenty of stories about the generosity and friendship that I have seen over the years by Mr. D. I have benefitted from countless holiday meals, either planned by invite or spontaneous on my part, help with gifts/money for school and inclusions on numerous family vacations and fishing trips.

By way of a brief example, I was invited on a trip with Mr. D. and young Pete as a gift to Pete and me for our college graduation. The three of us went to Florida for a week long fishing and bonding trip. As stated, I had been on many vacations with the whole family and Pete and his dad separately many times in the past. Most of those times involved Pete and me being separated for trouble we managed to get ourselves into or at least some sort of aggressive “goofing off.”

However, the attitude of this trip was noticeably different. The overall tenor was that of adults on a vacation together. It was much more like buddies catching up and fishing rather than Pete and me being chaperoned. It was a tacit example of not only the fact the Pete and I were growing up but also that Mr. D. was as much a friend of mine as my best friend’s father.

Mr. D., over nearly the past twenty years, you have been a blessing to me. I love you and appreciate all you have done and continue to do for me. Thanks for everything and have a very happy sixtieth birthday.

Love,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment