Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dave and Barb DiGigulielmo



Hey Pete,

Happy 60th from Dave & Barb! I want to take you back a long way with our memories and experiences.

-1952 or so, we had our tonsils removed at Bryn Mawr

and roomed together with Aunt Ro watching over us.

-Watching Pete on live TV getting his trophy from Chief Halftown for winning the Chief’s bowling tourney.

-Avon Road

-Wiffle ball, football in the snow, and any game

Billy Rinaldi invented. All of the family at

Aunt Sade’s and Mary’s on Sunday. Football in the front yard, Bobby and Sammy Pierg running over each other.

-Coming to my house for breakfast and then staying for lunch, supper, and sometimes sleepover.

-Heading to Chestnotwold to play all day and night until it got dark. No adult supervision, nobody checking on us. The world was safe.

-4th & West, Ocean City August 24, 1969. Listening to

Beggars Banquet. Getting dark, deciding whether to drive back to Ardmore. The screen door slammed a voice says “I need to use the bathroom!” as she ran upstairs. Barb came back down and asked where Brian was, then I walked her to her place.

-Double dating. I walked Barb to her door. You came with us.

-You introduced Lisa to us at the Perkins where she worked. Then our weddings.

-I am in Texas. Barb is in labor. You rush her to Bryn Mawr in the early morning, running red lights. Then Jenn isn’t coming.

-I am flying back. Bad weather. Stuck in Atlanta for a couple hours.

-You and Tommy are already at the airport and decide to wait in the bar. I arrive. We go to the hospital to see Barb and Jenn who arrived that night. Did I drive? Went back to the house early morning hours. I cooked us bacon and eggs. You and Tommy drank some coffee.

-A moment later you and I are back at Bryn Mawr to see Barb and Dave, Lisa and Melissa. Then there was Laura, Peter III, and Rebecca.

-Now the grandkids. And joyfully watching our kids dealing with theirs.

These are just a few of many fond memories. I hope you can fill in the details and add your spin in sharing with all of your loved ones.

God has truly blessed us. One of my blessings is having you in my life from the beginning.

Love,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment