Friday, September 10, 2010

Paul Clough

Of the men I know, and I'm blessed to know quite a few, Peter is certainly one of the most generous, inspiring and talented! He mean's a great deal to me, as a friend, as an adviser, as a spiritual mentor and as a fellow golfer. Whether it's five minutes in the church hall catching up on family, faith, or the latest course selection, or five hours actually enjoying a round together, I ALWAYS come away super encouraged, really loved, and ready to be excellent at whatever I do next, as all those things are true of Peter. Not all men inspire like Peter! He has a rare blend of striving for excellence while motivating it in others. And he possesses so many other terrific traits that resemble Jesus, it is no exaggeration to say that you really get to know and love Christ more as your relationship with Peter grows. What a tremendous impact Peter had last fall too as a speaker at First Monday - even a year later, his story and testimony of trust in a time of crises still comes up in numerous conversations inspiring men to trust in the face of their own adversity.

One of the hardest verses for lots of folks to obey is 1 Cor. 11:1 where the Apostle Paul simply says "follow me as I follow Christ;" in my estimation, Peter is one of the few that can say this to himself or others with confidence! He lives this simple verse out with integrity, heart and authenticity!

I am grateful to you, my friend, in so many ways - my life is immensely richer for my relationship with you. Happy Birthday, enjoy the celebration and all the people like me, family and friends, that you have touched! Lots of love as a brother - Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment